This is an interesting free eBook about Windows 8 aimed primarily at IT professionals working with Windows 8. The eBook has 147 pages in 11 chapters covering:
- Hardware Innovations - Touch; Long battery life; Thiner, lighter, faster; Sensors and security; New Form Factors
- Experiencing Windows 8 - Walk-through the new UI and key improvements to Task Manager and File Explorer.
- Customizing and Configuring Windows 8 - Profile customization, Tile configuration, PC Settings, Redesigned NTFS
- Networking Enhancements - BranchCache, DirectAccess, Mobile broadband, IPv6
- Deploying Windows 8 - Windows 8 SKUs, Application Compatibility, User State Migration, Deployment and Imaging, Windows PE, Volume Activation Management Tool, Windows-to-Go
- Delivering Windows Apps - Windows app lifecycle, Distributing via Windows Store, Distributing with an Enterprise
- Windows 8 Recovery - File History, Refresh and Reset, Windows Recovery Environment, DaRT, Advanced Options
- Windows 8 Management - PowerShell 3.0, Group Policy Improvements, System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, Windows Intune
- Windows 8 Security - Secure boot, SmartScreen, Vulnerability mitigation and sandboxing, BitLocker, Virtual smart cards, Dynamic Access Control
- Internet Explorer 10 - New features, Group Policies for IE 10
- Windows 8 Virtualization - Client Hyper-V, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, Application virtualization, User state virtualization
Download the PDF version of the eBook here.
I posted a link for "FREE Window 8 For Dummies Pocket EBook" here. You may also find that interesting.