Other related articles your may like to read:
- Bringing The Start Menu Back To The Windows 8 Desktop
- RetroUI - Bring Back The Start Menu In Windows 8
I recently discovered a new way to get the start menu back for free and improve the performance of your PC for free.
When I was on Windows 7, I was using a free PC maintenance software called Soluto. I used Soluto to:
- Keep Windows up to date
- cut down boot time
- find out what programs are crashing
- find out what programs are using the most horsepower
- Easily install some of the most useful free software around
After upgrading to Windows 8, I found out Soluto was compatible so I installed it then logged into their management web interface and saw a new option
I clicked on one button, rebooted then was presented with a start button and immediately logged into the dekstop interface (instead of the new start page). And all for free for up to 5 PCs per account.
Having tested the other Start menu replacements, I think I will keep the Soluto solution running. It gives me that I want and a little more (all for free).