With an expected release around April, sites around the internet are buzzing with claimed spec leaks for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones.
So far, we believe Samsung will release 2 version of the Galaxy S5:
- One in typical plastic sold for around $800 off contract
- One with a premium metal body that will release for around $1000 off contract
Leaks also indicate that we will see a Samsung Galaxy S5 mini and an S5 zoom
- We expect a 2K QHD (sub 6") screen
- We expect 2 processors (Exynos 6 for international markets and Qualcomm 805 for North America)
- We expect a 16 megapixel backside illuminated rear camera and a 5 megapixel front selfie camera
- Android Kitkat (v 4.4)
We also know that Samsung will spend less time on goofie features (like golf swing mode in the camera app) and more time strengthening the value add functionality (to compete with Motorola's MotoX). Its important to remember that the MotoX is inferior (spec wise) to the Samsung Galaxy S4 but most reviewers, who played with both, prefer the Motorola MotoX because of these smart situation aware features and its always listening mode.