Everyone is getting ready for the September 10th Apple announcement of the the iPhone. Even though Apple hasn't confirmed the event just yet, many journalists are so convinced of the the date that they have bought the their plane tickets and reserved their hotels.
Assuming the date holds, what can we expect as hardware. Everyone's favorite Apple rumor generator, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, released a new report with a summary of what he believes the new device will deliver:
- the new A7, ARMv8 based AP (application processor), featuring a 1GB LPDDR3 RAM chip;
- a sapphire home button with fingerprint sensor;
- main camera unchanged with 8MP, but featuring a larger F2.0 aperture with dual flash lights;
- new option for golden casing;
- new option for 128GB storage.
The faster LPDDR3 memory coupled with the faster A7 should deliver a noticeable performance boost although I'm surprised they are keeping it at 1GB of RAM.
This isn't the first time we have seen a rumor for a gold colored iPhone but I have a hard time believing Apple would chose gold as a third color unless it is for very specific markets where the gold color is in high demand (aka. India and China).
- An A6 processor
- camera similar to the iPhone 5- 5MP f2.4
- No siri
- Plastic back